Monday 22 October 2012

Keziah Connections Nurture and Network evening part 2




Hello all I  hope you are well and you enjoyed your weekend like I did? I went to a friends wedding but I may post about that later.

This was my first Keziah Connections Nurture and Network evening event and I was impressed on the presentation of the event, the venue and its speakers.

It took place at Illuminium Perfume Lounge and I arrived late unfortunately so I missed the first part which was covered by Christine Benson, the CEO of Unique Brand Partners. They oversea the Illuminium Fragrance brand.











I arrived in time to hear  Dr Yana Johnson MBE, the creator and Director of Yana Cosmetics.


Yana inspires the audience with her story

Source: Beautypulselondon.com via Pinetrest


Here were some tips I picked up.


  • Be bold with buyers
  • Getting from the "conceptual idea> realisation" of the idea will take a lot of trial and error which you should learn from
  • Something unique to Yana Cosmetics was their numbering system. That way customers could idea what the products were and what they had purchased previously
  • Build on an original brand and quality must be at the forefront
  • Let there be consistency in your message 










Other guests present were business owners and other professionals like Cheryl Effiom of Karamel and Brown (pictured below with Natalie), Doria of Stephanie and Sarah Jarrett of Black and Brown who as you will see later, sample some of the fragrances. Meridith Hypolite of J'ouvert Cosmetics.Fellow bloggers of DijasworldAfro BlushOndo Lady and many more. 





       Doria                                                                                               Cheryl and Natalie 
  



I met some lovely ladies and enjoyed myself. I also caught up with photographer Moyo who I met at the Africa Fashion Week London 2012 event. We had a great time taking pictures.







It truly smelled divine in the Illuminium Lounge. I had the pleasure of sampling different scents. I remember we were told not to smell too many fragrances as this may confuse our nose. So I made sure I sampled a few from each section. My top two favourites out of the ones I smelled were Hindi Oud. This is part of the Haute Perfume collection meaning they were stronger in scents and it had 30% oil present, it reminded me of the scent of the Queen of The Night flower. The top notes for Hindi Oud are Frangipani, Gardenia and Osmanthus. The heart : Jasmine, Oudh Madras and Rose Wood and the base is Musk.


I am in love with the Hindi Oud perfume ahhh. Then my second favourite and this was popular with the other guests present, was the Trumpet Flower. This was very floral scent and again in the Haute Perfume collection. The top notes were: Cumin Seed, Jasmine and Orange Blossom. The heart : Datura oil and Honey Absolute and finally the base notes were Benzoin Resin, Guaic Wood and Musk. The Hindi Oud fragrance lasted for following day even after showering. This is due to its strong nature. I really liked the fact that natural oils are used in their perfumes. That was music to my ears. *insert cheesy grin*.


Below you can see the wonderful ladies of Black and Brown sampling one of the scents. I had no idea this was being taken haha by the lovely photographers Moyo and Shade of flashade.com.




Pinned Image   



Picture Credit: Beautypulselondon.com



Doria of blackandbeautiful and I . This was taken by Moyo and can find out more about her here Moyo.


Both perfumes can be purchased here Hindi Oud and the Trumpet Flower. Check out their website for more fragrances or pop in to their store located at 41 Dover Street, W1S 4NS, London. This way you can enjoy the Illuminium experience for yourselves!



The next Keziah Connections event is tommorow and I will have more information about that in my next post. I was thoroughly impressed and was so glad I came. Well done Natalie for an amazing evening. Be sure to follow Natalie on her blog beautypulselondon.



Stay beautifully and naturally made. 

Dee x

No comments:

Post a Comment